Terms and Conditions
Applicability of Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions shall be incorporated into the contract and shall apply in place of and prevail over any terms and conditions contained or referred to in any communication from the customer or implied by custom or practice.
The contract shall be formed when the company acknowledges acceptance of the customers booking form and required payment.Please note a booking for a course is not confirmed until you have received an email from the Lurgaboy confirming your booking.
Late Booking Notice
Late bookings may not guarantee you a place on a course. Your booking is not confirmed until you have received an email from the Lurgaboy confirming your booking.
- Participation in adventurous activities entails some risk of injury. All staff employed by Lurgaboy are trained and appropriately qualified to run activity sessions and will at all times proceed in a manner to limit the risk of injury. However, customers need to accept that accidents and injuries can happen.
- Any customer under the age of 18 years must have the explicit permission of his/her parent or guardian before being able to take part in any activity/course offered by the company. The parent or guardian need to be aware and accept the risks involved in adventure activities and satisfy themselves accordingly.
- The customer is responsible for the safekeeping of all equipment issued for use during the activity/course. With the exception of fair wear and tear the company reserves the right to charge for equipment that has been lost or misused.
- All bookings are on the basis that the customer will, at all times, observe the safety regulations set by the company.
- The contract is subject to availability of a course place/date and the acceptance by the customer of these terms and conditions.
- Any current price list replaces all previous price lists.
- All programmed course fees are inclusive of VAT.
- Places can only be reserved by Lurgaboy receiving a completed booking form and full payment; or a completed booking form plus an official purchase order issued by a recognised buying authority confirming acceptance of our terms and conditions upon which we will issue an invoice for the full amount of the course.
- The full fee is payable 4 weeks prior to the commencement of the programme.
- The whole programme fee is required to reserve a place for any booking.
- The credit/debit cards accepted are: Visa and Mastercard debit and credit cards. Non-refundable payments will be debited on receipt of the booking form
- If payment is not made in accordance with these terms and conditions the Lurgaboy reserves the right to charge statutory interest on the overdue/outstanding balance for the period from the date on which payment became due until the date on which payment is made including any period after the date of judgement or decree against the customer.
- In the event of any cheque from the customer being dishonoured a charge of £25, or such other sum as the company may from time to time advise the customer will be made to cover bank and administrative costs.
- Cheques should be made payable to "Lurgaboy Adventure Centre" and addressed to 12 Gosford Road, Armagh, N Ireland BT60 1LQ. Payments must be received 4 weeks prior to commencement of the course as no reminders will be sent.
- The credit/debit cards accepted are: Visa and Mastercard debit and credit cards. Payments will be debited on receipt of the booking form.
Cancellation by the customer
All cancellations must be in writing and sent either by post, fax or email. The company will acknowledge a cancellation within 5 days of receiving it. Until the customer has received confirmation the original booking remains valid.
The customer will be charged on the following basis:
- 50% of the total course fee where cancellation takes place less than 4 weeks but more than 2 weeks before the commencement of the course; or
- 75% of the total course fee where cancellation takes place within the period of 2 weeks before the commencement date of the course; or
- 100% of the total course fee where cancellation takes place on or after the commencement date of the course.
- Cancellation more than 4 weeks prior to the course date will receive a full refund less an administration charge of £25.
Cancellation by the company
Whilst every attempt is made to ensure that activities actually run, Lurgaboy will notify the customer of cancellation as soon as practicable where it believes on reasonable grounds that cancellation is necessary due to dangerous and/or unsuitable conditions for the course/activity.
Lurgaboy shall notify the customer of cancellation not less than 10 working days prior to the commencement of the course where numbers as a result of either customer(s) cancellation or booked numbers have failed to reach a workable minimum.
In the event of cancellation customers will be offered the choice of the following options: –
- Full refund of the fee paid; or
- Another booking on a different date.
Customers participating in courses/activities must expect to be involved in adventurous and sometimes strenuous activities where participants may be exposed to a range of extreme environmental conditions, including cold, heat and wet. Participants may also be expected to carry heavy items, such as rucksacks, kayaks and canoes. Although prior experience and/or training is not necessary on all the courses/activities customers are expected to be of good general health. The medical section must be completed as part of the booking process. All disabilities, physical conditions, prior injuries and/or serious illnesses must be declared. Any injury or illness occurring between the time of the declaration and the commencement of the course must be reported. The customer must satisfy him/herself that taking part in the course is within his/her own capabilities. If the customer believes that any disability, physical condition, injury or illness may impact on their ability to fully take part on the course, they must seek advice and from their doctor and obtain confirmation that they can participate. The company reserves the right to refuse a booking on medical grounds if it is considered to be detrimental to safety and to the smooth running of the course.
Any special dietary requirements must be made at the time of booking; Lurgaboy cannot accept responsibility for not being able to deliver special dietary needs at short notice.
Outdoor adventurous activities take place in varied natural environments where there are natural hazards and risks to manage. Every effort will be made by the company staff to provide realistic training in a safe manner. Customers participating in courses are expected to comply with all safety guidance and instructions given by Lurgaboy and its staff.
Unruly behaviour / Withdrawal from courses
Behaviour that disrupts the smooth running of an event may result in the disruptive customer(s) being excluded. Any damage caused to property or equipment as a result of unruly behaviour will be charged for.
Property belonging to the customer is at all times the responsibility of the customer unless any loss or damage is due to any negligence by the company or it’s representatives.
If the customer encounters any problem or difficulty Lurgaboy will try and resolve them as soon as is possible. In the first instance report anything either to the instructor, the course director or the management at the centre. If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction please write to the Centre Manager at: Lurgaboy Adventure Centre 12 Gosford Road, Armagh, N Ireland BT60 1LQ. Your concerns will be dealt with within 28 days of writing.
Limitation of Liability
The company limits its liability to the maximum extent permitted by law as follows:
- Lurgaboy shall have no liability for any loss or damage suffered by the customer or any other person
- Lurgaboy carries public liability insurance, but does not provide personal accident cover. Customers who opt to take out personal accident cover need to arrange cover themselves.
From time to time photographs taken on courses may appear in Lurgaboys website and social media. If customers do not wish to be photographed please raise this with the course instructor at the time.
The personal information requested by the company at the time of booking plus any subsequent information is held in its original form and on computer. The information is required to assist the company, employees, agents and sub-contractors to deliver the course and in maintaining the company’s high standards of delivery. By providing us with the information to process your booking you are agreeing that the information can be kept and accessed by authorised company personnel. Contact details will be used to advise you of future offers either by post or email. If you do not want to receive future mailings please advise us.
The contract will be governed by the laws of Northern Ireland any dispute will be dealt under the jurisdiction of the courts of Northern Ireland.
The statutory rights of the customer are not affected by the above.
Definitions In these terms and conditions
- The customer means any person, firm, or other legal entity which places an order or buys any products or services from the company and includes the employees servants, agents or sub-contractors of any such person, firm company or other legal entity.
- Service means any course or facility offered by the company
- Contract means a contract between Lurgaboy and the customer for the provision of products or services
- Statutory Interest means statutory interest as defined in the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act (1998)
- Terms and Conditions means these terms & conditions of provision.